On September 10th, just a few days before the FCC’s net neutrality comment deadline, internet users and tech companies will unite for the “Internet Slowdown” to show the world what’s at stake if we lose net neutrality, the “First Amendment of the Internet.”
We need everyone’s help right now to make this huge. Here’s what you can do right now to help make the Internet Slowdown go viral:
1. Forward this post to your friends and share the image with your social networks using the buttons above. We need people across the web to know about the slowdown so they can join on September 10th.
3. If you can, please chip in $10 (or more!) to help make the Internet Slowdown possible. We’re building tools that any website or organization can use to promote their own net neutrality action, because we care about the movement. But it’s not cheap! Help us sustain this critical work.
4. Contact your favorite websites, apps, and online services and ask them to join the Slowdown! Send them to this page: https://BattleForTheNet.com/sept10th
5. If you have your own website or app, put the Internet Slowdown widget on it. If you really want to be an Internet Defender, help out by using your own website to spread the word. It’s as easy as adding the widget/modal code found here:
- BREAKING: Audio recording of #michaelbrown shooting verified authentic by app that created it, Glide.
- Most in Ferguson are registered to vote, but turnout in city elections hovers around 15% (76% in presidential years) http://fusion.net/justice/story/blacks-voters-candidates-absent-political-process-ferguson-992173 …
- This is some of the very best work I’ve seen from Ferguson. It’s by a student. His name is @BradleyRayford. http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/inside-ferguson-322559555507 …
- Federal lawsuit filed cited @stlcountypd chief Jon Belmar, #Ferguson chief Tom Jackson, and others. http://bit.ly/1qFqe8W
imo if parents dont respect their kids then they dont deserve respect from their kids. im tired of people thinking that its normal for parents to treat their children like property or like they dont have feelings. im tired of people thinking that overprotective parents arent harmful. treat your children like people because thats what they ARE
one time when i was like 12 my dad wanted me to put a dvd in the dvd player and i was like ‘what do i get in return’ and he said ‘you can have half of the winnings of this stupid lotto ticket’ and he ended up winning 600,000 dollars and i was so pleased with myself. 300,000 dollars when youre 12 is pretty much like infinity dollars. he was so mad
Shit, man, $300,000 would be like infinity dollars to me now.
dating an identical twin scares me bc what if i get them confused
i read a book once where this girl was romantically involved with this guy who had a twin and they would punk her all the time and be like which one is your boyfriend you have to kiss the right one and then it turned out one of them was evil and trapped her in a dungeon with a bunch of rats or some shit
but that’s like, worst case scenario